Sunday, January 17, 2010

Matthew Giggled

Matthew is just a couple days shy of two months old. I can't believe how fast time has flown since the day I delivered. Yesterday, Matthew and daddy were all cuddled up in the lazy boy and Rob called me to come look at him. I ran into the room and Matthew had a huge grin on his face. I watched with glee at his smiling, sleeping face when he let out a giggle. Nothing excites a mom's heart like hearing her little one's laugh. I wondered in amazement at what was going on in that little head of his. Could he be recalling my face, or daddy's, or perhaps one of his doting sisters? Maybe he is remembering one of his bright toys that he found fascinating or how bright the snow is out the window. I would love to know what caused that sweet giggle. I guess its not for me to know, perhaps a joke between him and God. I'm sure there is all types of medical research that has been done to explain why infants smile, laugh, coo and all the other precious expressions they make. Still, in my mind, he is smiling because he remembers all the kisses, nuzzles, and love he received when he was awake.

2 comments:

  1. The laughter of children is indeed a blessing! I have often wondered the same thing when Zoe and Zara were younger and I would see them laugh. "What brought that on?" I would wonder. Whatever it is, it is truly a heartwarming moment. Especially in the light of what happened in Haiti, I think about how many babies cannot laugh from the comfort of their parents arms. Matthew is blessed to have two parents that love him so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dana, I teared up reading this... Our children's first smiles are SO treasured!!! I love how from then on, they just smile more, and then it's smiling for a reason (seeing Mommy's face!), and then it's laughing, and then it's sharing a laugh!!! Oh how I love motherhood!

    I love watching you and Karen with your boys, and I am eager to see the mother/son relationship of two godly women I know.

    Much love... Forgive my blogging commenting absence!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm an outside girl that loves horseback riding, hiking, camping,or anything that involves the great outdoors. I from VA though I currently live in Selfkant-Havert, Germany. I drink excessive amounts of coffee. My imagination often runs away with me usually to an awesome horse farm that is self-sustaining where I teach girls how to mesh being athletic, tough, and leadership quality without loosing that gentle and quiet spirit. According to Suellen from "Gone With the Wind," "You can always tell a lady by her hands." I believe there is some truth to that statement. A lady should be strong and capable of caring for her family, gentle enough to quiet tiny tears, ferocious enough to scare away monsters lurking on the bed, and capable of hosting the next ball. I really love having fun doing things on the adventurous side, and the more dangerous the better. I also enjoy drawing and writing some. I absolutely LOVE Traveling and am drawn magnetically to other countries and adventures!!