Monday, December 28, 2009

A New Year

New Year's is such an awesome time to me! I relish looking back over the past year, smiling at what has been accomplished and grimacing at mistakes that were made. 2009 was a difficult year for me and looking back on it isn't enjoyable. There was one bright highlight and that was Matthew being born!! Every cloud has a silver lining. 2010 means a clean slate. I find it fitting that January is a winter month, cold, crisp and refreshing. 2010 also promises to be a challenging year. I am required to retrain in my crew position and immediately return to instructor status with a possible upgrade to evaluator. I have to part with my newborn at daycare. I have to finish my degree and start my next one. However, I don't want to just work this year, I want to do somethings that I would just enjoy. I enjoy cooking though I rarely seem to have the time. This year I might tackle really learning how to cook. I'm not too sure yet how I will accomplish this yet. I may grab a cookbook and just start going trough all the recipes.

I also want to take a cake decorating class and perhaps a photography class. I know this seems like a lot, but that is what I like, a full plate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an outside girl that loves horseback riding, hiking, camping,or anything that involves the great outdoors. I from VA though I currently live in Selfkant-Havert, Germany. I drink excessive amounts of coffee. My imagination often runs away with me usually to an awesome horse farm that is self-sustaining where I teach girls how to mesh being athletic, tough, and leadership quality without loosing that gentle and quiet spirit. According to Suellen from "Gone With the Wind," "You can always tell a lady by her hands." I believe there is some truth to that statement. A lady should be strong and capable of caring for her family, gentle enough to quiet tiny tears, ferocious enough to scare away monsters lurking on the bed, and capable of hosting the next ball. I really love having fun doing things on the adventurous side, and the more dangerous the better. I also enjoy drawing and writing some. I absolutely LOVE Traveling and am drawn magnetically to other countries and adventures!!